Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

So begins 2015.  So many promising possibilities as we head into a new year.  Everything with the house is nearly done and it is becoming evident how we have been strangely blessed through the whole situation.  We met some amazing people while living in the hotel and became aware of how wonderfully resilient our children are.  We have also been blessed financially, paying off our equity loan and at the moment not having to take anything back out.  This is truly amazing to me, since there was over $8k on the loan in September.  God has truly blessed our family, even if life was tough for 3 months.  By trusting in Him and working hard we have truly come out on the other side stronger than before.

Most set new years resolutions as they enter the new year.  I have a few things I'm setting my sights on and I think are attainable.

1.  Read the Bible every day.  I have been requesting some books about praying for my children and started making progress on this last week.  I have been reading daily devotionals for a couple months now.  Today I signed up through www.biblestudytools.com to send me some themed passages to read each day.  The goal is to read through the entire Bible in 1 year.  I'm going to try and do this in the morning, but will commit to read before bed each night when the morning doesn't work.

2.  Get healthy.  With all the junk food we were forced to eat this Fall and sugar I've had since baking for Christmas, I feel sick.  I have a lot of pain in seemingly random parts of my body.  The good news is that my daily headaches have subsided since being home,  This month I am going to avoid added sugars to detox and see if I can shed some weight and feel better.  I'm thinking I might even make an appointment this summer to start a relationship with a doctor.

Here we go, ready for the new year!  Trusting in God to guide us down the right paths in this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment