Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Everything inside is complete!  When we came home from James' soccer today all of our furniture was back in place, the carpet cleaned, and the floors mopped.  I will have to really clean the kitchen floors, but we have our house back!  I never thought I would be so happy to be sitting on my 20 year old couch.  But it is wonderful to have our house to ourselves again.

I have noticed some things over the past 10 days that we've been home that we were taking for granted.  Cooking dinner in our kitchen, while the kids could play.  In the hotel they had to sit and wait for the food to be cooked, then sit to eat.  Appetites are back up now that they just have to sit to eat.  I am appreciative of knowing what is in my food (and what isn't).  It is wonderful for everything to have its place again, so that fewer things get lost.  James was riding his indoor tricycle around our big loop tonight and loving it.  The kids have their freedom back, we no longer have to keep them quiet or get them to stop running around.  We can relax in bed in the morning, especially on weekends.  We can spend entire days in our pjs, but be comfortable and have space to move around.  James having his own bed for naps has been wonderful.  I am more productive with work and he is getting the rest he really needs.  Both kids seem to be taking off physically and academically again.  Carolyn was even promoted to the next level on the gymnastics preteam tonight!  At times I complain about cooking for my family, but I just need to remember that it can be taken away in the blink of an eye.

I have been thinking about writing this post for a few days now but things have been incredibly busy.  As I write it I know there was a lot more I wanted to say, but I'm exhausted from all of this.  It will be wonderful to sleep in my own bed tonight without staring at the living room furniture shoved into our bedroom.  And once I've settled again I will try this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment