Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pizza Night!

Tried another new recipe for pizza crust tonight.  Definitely my favorite so far.  Topped with jarred sauce, mozarella cheese, mushrooms, and sausage.  2 pieces and I was quite full.  James wanted seconds and Carolyn ate hers up.  Then they had some grapes for dessert.  Looking forward to a big turkey tomorrow, since it was on sale at Meijer this week.  We have some fresh green beans too.

Pizza Crust #3
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp pizza seasoning (I used Italian seasoning & more than 1/2 tsp)
8 ounces (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 glass baking dish (metal does not work well; crust will stick) and line with parchment paper.

For crust, in medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Stir in mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread mixture evenly over parchment paper.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack. When slightly cool, I “cheat” and lift the crust using the parchment paper and place all in the freezer for about 30 minutes until completely cooled. If you have plenty of time, you can cool the crust on the counter and then leave in the refrigerator for several hours uncovered. The goal is for the crust to dry out enough that it will be crispy/chewy and you can pick up with your hands.


I also made wheat free cookies for the first time.  They turned out okay, not anything spectacular.  We did leave out the coconut since I'm not a huge fan.  Although I haven't been real big on cookies in a while.  What I really would like to do is find a yummy brownie recipe.  Haven't even looked for that yet, perhaps will tonight.  The kids loved the cookies though, so I will probably make them again.  The plan for the next sweet though is cupcakes for St Patrick's Day.  I want to see if I can come up with a recipe that will work for Carolyn's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment