Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Embracing the Unexpected

If you had asked me where life would be 6 months ago, it would have been really different than how things are going.  I definitely would have had Jon in a new job and probably would have had our house sold.  But God works in very mysterious ways at times.  Rather than the expected, I'm embracing the unexpected.  There's a somewhat short list, but very impactful none-the-less.  Started with a promotion to Senior Mentor April 1.  This lead to a little more work, easily meeting monthly income goals without having to tutor.  Then I was contacted to tutor in person and paid a fairly high amount, leading to us able to stockpile some cash for activities this summer.  A few weeks ago, Jon saw information about reinstating a lapsed certificate just by paying the fees.  I had looked into this last fall when I realized I could teach online, but found out I would have to take 9 graduate level hours to get my certificate back.  With this brief window of opportunity, I paid about $65 and have a valid certificate for 4 years.  And then I found positings for teaching with k12.com, physics and math both needed.  Figuring it was a long shot, I put up my info and sat back and waited.  We went on vacation and enjoyed our summer.  Then I received an email asking for my certificate, which I cobbled together without a paper copy, and waited again.  Last Sunday I got impatient and emailed asking the timeline for the position.  I was told Monday morning they were hoping to have the person start late July.  I came home from the zoo to a request for an interview on Tuesday!  Luckily the hours worked with my schedule working hours and we set up a time.  After about 30 minutes, I was offered the position.  This seems like a fantastic opportunity that could lead to a lower stress level for me.  In the meantime, there is also a track position posted at ZB.  Jon has applied for it and was told he will be interviewed when the time comes.  So it looks like we've been giving quite a few opportunities to be prosperous this next year, albeit not anything we had anticipated.  Who knows where life will lead, but things are looking up for now.  Amazing how God provides and it you're willing to follow along you can get everything you need.  I'm interested to see how everything fits together over the next few months.

I'm not sure what's going on with my health.  After a month of being completely exhausted, the last week hasn't been so terrible.  I worked out yesterday and it felt good.  I was definitely tired as the day went on, but not even exhausted when I layed down for bed at 9.  Definitely a good sign.  Amazingly, I am also not even sore today.  So I don't know what to make of any of this.  But I've decided to kind of try to push through.  I will nap when I need to, but workout on the days as planned, as long as my muscles aren't too sore.  And hopefully by this fall my body will be in a good, energetic state so I can work 2 part time jobs and be the mom the kids need me to be.  Next month I will start piecing together Carolyn's preschool program!

When I look at everything around me, I am truly amazed at how blessed I am.  A wonderful husband, 2 beautiful, amazing kids, a safe home, and the opportunity to spend a lot of time together.  Thank God for putting all of this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment