Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Busy Week

This was a bit of a crazy week.  Started out with R is for Raisin Bread, which I'll discuss below.  I spent Monday morning at the doctor, finding out it's a 2nd degree sprain so I'm in an air cast but should be good in 3 weeks.  Definitely improvement already, but can only do the theraband exercises 2 of 4 ways at this time.  Hopefully only one more week completely off of soccer, then I should at least be able to play goalie.  Tuesday brought the usual chaos of gymnastics, chasing James with a hurt ankle is not fun.  James got sick Wednesday - pink eye and ear infection.  He's tons better now though. 
I feel like I cheated all week with dinners, all crockpot after Sunday. 

Monday - Chicken Soup
Used bones from previous dinner to make stock, left chicken that feel off.  Added brocolli, zucchini, carrots, onions, potatoes and cooked all day in the crockpot.

Monday - Raisin Bread
I had to leave it for my mother-in-law to take out of the oven, so the middle part was a little underdone.  Will need to split in two as suggested for next time.  It was very yummy though and the kids loved it throughout the week.  Definitely a keeper!

Tuesday - Pork Roast
Jon put this together for me.  Layered potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic on the bottom, roast on top.  Cooked all day.  Wonderful, moist and falling apart meat.  Great dinner and 2 days of lunch as well.

Wednesday - Chili
Not low carb, but meatless for Ash Wednesday.  Lots of beans, some corn, diced tomatoes, salsa, onions and some chili powder.  Jon put this together as well.  Cooked all day (~10hrs).  This was a weird night since Jon took James to urgent care and didn't get home until 6.  But will have for leftovers tomorrow.

I feel like my tummy is getting flatter when I look in the mirror.  So we'll see what the scale says on Saturday.  Now it's time to plan meals for next week, despite practically no real food being on sale at any of the 4 stores we frequent.  Guess we'll pulling out of the freezer some this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment