Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Whole 30 Day 18

Another successful day!  I finished the majority of my work in the morning so after helping the 3rd graders I headed to the library.  I got the kids a new load of books and myself some too.  I stopped at the bank to order a new debit card since my replacement never arrived back in October.  And then I made it to Athletico.  The trainer did a bunch of different things to my ankle.  She used a vibrating tuning fork to check for a fracture.  That was interesting, but I think I get how it would work.  Part of what's strange about this injury is only one motion really hurts.  I can turn my ankle in and out, I can pull my toes up.  But I can not push with much force.  We even pinpointed that pushing with my big toe causes the most pain.  I've had a lot of sprained ankles in my life, but never pain in this manner.  She did say it makes sense that the air cast doesn't help much since the pain is forward/backward sensitive.  The ultimate decision is that this is muscle based.  So the solution was some kinesthiology tape for a little support, using the ace bandage as needed, and starting strengthening exercises.  I will start those tomorrow as tonight I'm in a bit of pain.  I think my gait has changed and as such muscles in my entire right leg are aching.  Carrying all of the library books probably didn't help either.  It's looking like I probably won't be able to play soccer this weekend either.  Hopefully I'll start to see improvement now since I have an idea of what I'm dealing with.

I received the results for James' Northwestern testing today.  With everything else going on I had forgotten I was expecting them!  When the email came in I was surprised.  And then I opened the attachment and I was even more surprised.  James scored in the 99.8 percentile for both math and reading on the KTEA!  No wonder he reports being a bit bored during math and reading lessons at school.  I kind of already knew this, but it's nice to have it verified.  He has been so excited this week to work on math homework that is challenging for him.  He finished a page of 3-digit addition and subtraction (no regrouping/borrowing) in about 15 minutes.  The smile he had on his face afterwards was awesome.  And he was so determined to get it done.  His KBIT score is pretty awesome too.  It's going to be fun to see where these 2 kids end up, knowing they both have a very good start.

I am officially ready for the weekend!

Breakfast - Eggs fried in coconut oil, beef jerky, strawberry, blueberry
Lunch - Leftover offal meatloaf, sweet potato fries, brocolli
Snack - grapes
Dinner - Chicken Tortilla-less soup

No comments:

Post a Comment