Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2016

Whole 30 Days 21 and 22

I'm into the final stretch!  Over 2/3 of the way done and 3 weeks complete.  8 days remaining at this point.  I continue to be pretty disappointed by any effects to my body.  I'm waiting for the amazing effects everyone always talks about.  So I played soccer last night.  Now the funny part is that I didn't realize the ankle brace I had ordered was delivered yesterday afternoon.  I thought the box was just the epsom salts, but discovered today when I went to delete the email about it being shipped that more than 1 item was in the box.  So I could have worn the brace last night, and probably played much better.  I quit about 5 minutes into the second half.  My ankle was just too stiff to make much of an impact.  Although I did score a goal, so I guess that was good.

Today I tried to push my ankle a bit more and went for a run.  This resulted in some definite soreness throughout the rest of the day.  I kept it wrapped with an ace bandage, which mitigated a majority of the pain.  I think taking a bath with the epsom salts right after running helped with any swelling that might have come.  My ankle is definitely still quite loose and I feel a lot of clicking and popping as I moved around.  Hopefully as I get back to exercising this will minimize and I'll have my regular ankle back - this is just too loose.

The number one disappoint through all of this has been my lack of energy.  Tonight I am fighting to keep my eyes open as I type this - and it's 8:30!  So while I could continue to write a bit more about how our days were, I am going to go clean up the kitchen and then head to bed.

Day 21
Breakfast - Eggs fried in coconut oil, orange
Lunch - leftover chicken soup
Dinner - Shrimp stir fry (cooked in ghee with zucchini, broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, and 3 different peppers

Day 22
Breakfast - Eggs friend in coconut oil, zucchini, orange
Lunch - Leftover stir fry
Dinner - Chili (ground beef, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder, ground turmeric)

Looking forward to letting my head hit the pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment