Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Whole 30 Day 16

I've made it through another day.  The weather was pretty crazy today and we now have a dusting of snow on the ground.  But not quite enough to actually play in still!  Today ended up being pretty busy.  This morning I payed the bills, got in some work, and started laundry.  Then I headed over to the school.  I had another wonderful meeting, this time with the principal and Carolyn's teacher.  First the principal wanted to check in how things were going for James.  This was great for him to even ask, since the meeting was about Carolyn.  I let him know things seem to be improving.  Once Carolyn's teacher joined us we went over the plan for the rest of the year.  With each unit, Carolyn will complete the pretest and if she already knows the material she will go the third grade classroom for math that day.  This will allow her to stretch what she knows and do more problem solving activities.  The school is to planning to get new math materials this summer, which does put the whole system in a bit of an awkward spot.  But the plan seems to be to have some pretests ready for Carolyn to take late summer to determine what the best system will be for her at that time.  Carolyn is very excited about this opportunity, so we will see how it works.

I came home after helping in third grade, had lunch and worked the rest of the afternoon.  After dropping Carolyn off at gymnastics, James and I had a nice afternoon together.  We read some books and tried some of his new math packet that came home today.  He finished over 4 pages, one of which was double digit addition and subtraction (no regrouping)!  He really amazes me sometimes.  We did a little of mobymax tonight as well and he does a nice job using their strategies to see the different ways to learn the basic facts.  It will be interesting to see where he is at by the end of this school year.

My ankle was doing fine for most of today, but suddenly started really hurting about 30 minutes ago.  It's so strange as it's still the front of my ankle that hurts.  I'm starting to worry that this is going to be an injury that takes a long time to heal and flares up at random.  Hopefully tonight is just a fluke and with some rest tonight I will be better tomorrow.

Breakfast - eggs fried in coconut oil, beef jerky, orange
Lunch - hard boiled eggs, clementines
Snack - beef jerky
Dinner - New meatloaf recipe from the Frugal Paleo Cookbook (will not make again), baked sweet potato fries, cauliflower

The recipe I tried tonight had liver in it.  I was hoping to be able to hide the taste with the ground beef and bacon, but even I didn't like it.  I will eat the rest of it for lunch this week, but this will not be a new recipe in our rotation.  Liver is supposed to be a super food, but it's not something that seems will fit into our family tastes.  You live and you learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment