Search This Blog

Monday, February 29, 2016

Whole 30 Day 15

And so we begin week 3!  I spent part of last night preparing my first fully homemade beef jerky.  And today it dried in the dehydrator for 4 hours.  What's weird is that it doesn't have much taste.  So next time I will increase the amount of spices.  But everyone likes it and I like knowing exactly what is in the beef jerky.  Because I made it myself at home, I also know that it is definitely Whole30 compliant and I don't mind the kids eating it since there is no sugar in it.  I wonder how fast we will end up eating it.  Should be an easy way to get a little more protein into the kids' breakfasts even when they won't eat eggs.

Today was a pretty low key day but my ankle was really hurting.  I hobbled to the bathroom this morning and then put my air cast on when I got up to make breakfast.  That didn't seem to be helping so I wrapped it in the ace bandage for the rest of the day.  I'm starting to worry that the injury might be worse than I initially thought.  If it's still bothering me by Friday I think I might try getting an injury screening at Athletico when James has his soccer.  I finished all my work before heading to the school today, which was nice.  Because my ankle was hurting I wasn't able to do anything very productive this afternoon.  I did clear off the top of my dresser and then I watched 2 episodes of Fuller House.  I really miss the old, wholesome shows that were on when I was kid.  Everything these days is honestly just junk.  I might let my kids watch a little more tv if things like Full House and the Cosby Show were still on.  This probably makes me sound old, complaining about how things used to be, haha.  The kids had a great afternoon with James at his acting class and Carolyn at softball.  It will be interesting to see how she does in a real game this Spring.  She almost caught a fly ball another girl batted tonight even.  There are 4 more weeks left of this class.

Breakfast - eggs fried in coconut oil, blueberries, strawberries, green pepper
Lunch - Leftover Mahi, broccoli
Snack - beef jerky
Dinner - Slow cooker Italian beef (everyone really liked it, but next time it needs a side with it or more vegetables)

Tomorrow I meet with Carolyn's teacher to see how she did on her testing and figure out the plan going forward.  It's so wonderful to have a responsive school.

No comments:

Post a Comment