Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Awesome Kids, Whole 30 Day 1

It's been a LONG time since I wrote here.  A lot of life has happened and we've been very busy.  We have had a rough start to this year as far as health is concerned in our home.  We started off with Carolyn having pneumonia.  Once she started antibiotics, it was a pretty quick recovery.  But when we took her in her oxygen level was down to 84, which was quite scary.  A week after she recovered, I developed bronchitis.  That took a while to go away.  This past weekend James was up most of Friday night sick and spent all of Saturday in bed with stomach pains and a fever.  I then woke up Sunday night with the same thing and spent yesterday in bed.  Thankfully I am feeling much better today and have even been able to eat.

I have to spend some time talking about how amazing my kids are.  Jon left for a track meet yesterday at 5:30, so when the kids got up at 7:30 and 8 for a day off, they were disappointed to hear I was sick.  Luckily, we had planned to spend the day at home.  For breakfast they pulled the leftover oatmeal from the fridge and microwaved it themselves.  They then played nicely together all morning.  When Carolyn decided at 10 that she needed some space from James, she went to read in her bedroom and he did some building.  It was absolutely amazing.  At 11:30 they made themselves some lunch by taking out the leftover pizza from Sunday.  At 12:30 they both went into their rooms for quiet time and I took a nap.  While I am fully aware that James did not nap as I asked him to, they were both quiet until 2pm.  Then my MIL came over and kept them entertained.  I can firmly say that because my kids did such an awesome job of letting me rest yesterday I am feeling much better today.

I had decided a while ago to start the whole 30 the day after Valentine's day.  Being sick again within a month only served to magnify that my body needs some sort of a reset.  Day 1 was pretty easy since I couldn't really eat.  So here is what I had:
Orange
Banana
Leftover Chicken Soup - this didn't work out for my stomach
Pear
Tea - no honey
Jello - homemade, but slightly cheating since it was made with juice.  I needed something though and I was fairly certain this would stay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment