Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Whole 30 Day 7

I made it a whole week, woohoo!    I have almost officially finished 7 days.  Just have to make it through tonight without eating anything off plan.  Today I have really wanted something sweet and I'm not sure why.  I am starting to miss honey in my tea.  I don't really like the taste of tea without it.  I am going to look for some other options of flavors this week though.

Today was a laid back day for the most part.  Spent the morning cleaning up a bit and then the kids built with their tinker toys for a while.  I got a little further on Carolyn's scarf while they were planning, which was nice.  then we did the first of our Spring planting!  I started the onions.  I am going to try putting seedlings in egg shells this year.  We certainly have enough of them and it is supposed to make them super easy to transport, plus adds some good nutrients into the soil as they decompose.  I also filled the pot I got for Christmas with soil and we planted some herbs and spices.  We'll see if we can get anything to grow.

This afternoon we went to Kids Science Lab and the kids had a blast.  We finished up at Carolyn's basketball game and then came home for dinner.  Both the kids helped prepare dinner tonight by slicing peppers for the stir fry.  They love helping, so I need to find more ways for them to be able to help prepare meals.  It's never too early for them to learn the skills they'll need to feed themselves as they get older!

Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to have the energy to play soccer at 9:15 tonight.  I will more than likely play the entire 40 minutes since we only have 1 sub.  So hopefully I can make it.

Breakfast: 4 eggs fried in coconut oil with salsa, blueberries
Lunch: Romaine lettuce, tomato, tuna, grapes
Dinner: Chicken stir fry (kids had this with rice) - chicken, onion, garlic, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, green/yellow/red peppers, carrots, zucchini

Ready to tackle week 2!  I think I might spend time looking over my Frugal Paleo book for new recipes to use in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment