Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Whole 30 Day 20

I am so close to completing 3 weeks.  And yet, I honestly still don't see any changes to my body.  My ankle has been feeling significantly better today, which is awesome.  It likely helps that I wore gym shoes instead of my winter crocs for the majority of the day.  I did a lot of walking, too.  At rest time my hamstring was really bothering me.  But as the day has progressed it hasn't been as bad.  Fingers crossed, I'm thinking I might even be able to play tomorrow.

We started off today making toy wagons at Home Depot.  If you have a store near you, check it out to see if they have the free kids workshops.  The kids get to learn to use a hammer and then decorate what they made.  We had not gone for about a year and both kids were excited to see that they could nearly do the entire project themselves (I just lined things up and they did the hammering.)
      

I had my first dress shopping experience with Carolyn today.  I was amazed that even though 7yo girls don't really have "body types," some of the dresses just looked silly on her.  She liked a couple of the dresses, but then put on the one she chose and her whole face lit up and she declared "I love this one."  We got to the check out to discover a stain on the front of the dress, but luckily there was another one that was just fine.  Taking her shopping made me think back to all the times I went shopping with my mom for special dresses.  I know it will get harder from here, but this was a lot of fun.  I have a very excited little girl now.  She even announced the purchase to the priest tonight while jumping up and down.  We will work on the veil for her over the next couple months.

After a busy day today, I am looking forward to relaxing tomorrow.  All we have is a basketball game for Carolyn.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the kids play with each other.

Breakfast - Eggs fried in coconut oil with salsa, beef jerky, strawberries, blueberries
Lunch - Banana, cashews, grapes
Dinner - Leftover chicken soup

No comments:

Post a Comment