Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2016

Whole 30 Day 26

I am fully in the home stretch now.  No more meals to plan even, as I will be done by the next grocery shopping day.  At that point I'll probably need to make some of the family favorites that were eliminated during this time.  Today was a pretty good day.  I got in some work this morning, started a batch of beef jerky, through in the laundry, and went to MOPs.  It was a fun meeting getting to listen how other moms are meeting this year's theme - celebrate lavishly, enjoy rest, and notice goodness.  I think I've been doing a pretty good job with these lately as well.  I have particularly made it a point to notice goodness in the last couple months.  I find myself pointing out flowers when I'm on walks with my kids.  And I am trying to just enjoy being with them.

This afternoon I had a quick lunch and then went for a walk.  After my first lap I ran into a neighbor.  She was taking her dog for a walk, so I went with her and we talked for a bit.  It was pretty nice to talk to someone I haven't seen in a bit due to the construction this fall and then the cold winter.  That's one of the nice things about Spring, it's brings everyone back outside again to see each other.  We're having a neighborhood Easter egg hunt next week which should be fun as well.  When the kids came home we played in the back yard for a bit.  I restrung the rebounder and they kicked/threw balls at it.  I sense it will get a lot of use this Spring/summer/fall, so long as we are sure to have some time at home.  We finished up the night at James' soccer, where he always has fun.  Next week is his last class though as we prepare to play AYSO and be outside again.

Breakfast - Eggs, spinach, orange
Lunch - Leftover casserole, banana
Dinner - Leftover chili, beer jerky, tea

Time to embrace some rest and go to bed.  Hoping the rain stays away tomorrow so we can enjoy some time playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment