Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Better sleep?

So if it's possible, James has started to sleep better.  I also turned down Carolyn's music, which I think is helping some.  But he slept last night 7-5:15 in his own bed, then with me until 6:45.  So can't complain much about that, although of course I'd like him in his own bed all night.  He's getting too big to comfortably sleep next to.  And he isn't happy just sleeping next to me - must be on me or touching me in some way.  I didn't sleep very well last night though.  I wonder if the potato salad was so high in carbs that it contributed.  I certainly was exhausted at 8 when I came to bed.

Last night's dinner wasn't so great... ready to eat chicken from Dominick's and potato salad.  All wheat free, but the chicken was a little greasy and the potato salad was clearly high carb.  We need to find alternatives for what to do when I'm sick of cooking though.  I've cut/mixed/cooked for every meal except that one since Sunday lunch, and it gets tiring/monotonous, even though I'm doing a lot of different things.  Hoping to get to either Trader Joe's or Joseph's Marketplace this week to pick up a bunch of almonds.  Then I can bake some muffins to have for breakfast some days or bread for easy lunches.  Planned some fairly easy meals for dinners this week that should produce some yummy leftovers. 

We have a low budget for everything, and that certainly includes eating out.  We budget $50/month for eating out.  For a family of 4, that doesn't go very far.  It was allowing us to get Papa John's nearly every week, since we would earn free pizzas after spending so much.  But I'm stumped on what to do now.  All other take out is so expensive, but I really do get tired of cooking.  So if any of you reading this have any ideas, let me know!

I'll be back in a little while with my starting stats for all of this.  But for now I'll just say I was disappointed to see the number on the scale this morning.  I'm hoping it's just my body adjusting, muscles filled with lactic acid, or cycle as a female.  I'm willing to give it 3 more weeks I suppose.  Still having quite a few headaches too, hoping they start to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment