Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Slow and steady, right?

Slow and steady wins the race, right?  I'm happy to report that I'm down 2lbs this week.  So heading in the right direction now.  I have a lot more energy than I should for James being up with a fever last night too.  Haven't made anything very exciting the last few days, so haven't been posting.  Wednesday night we did ham, potato, carrot, and green bean soup.  Thursday night we did leftover, and last night we did scrambled eggs with cheese and ham in them.  Tonight we're getting take out again like last week.  I'm looking forward to the yummy ribs. 

I made bread today with Pamela's bread mix thanks to my Dad for my birthday.  It was good and the kids really like it.  It will serve as a decent transition as I try to make grain free bread.  It's a good treat though for the kids since they can handle the higher carb load.

Sat down today and made the plan for the week.  I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes, especially a cupcake one for my birthday.  I'll let you know how they all turn out after I make them.  I'm also looking forward to working less this week.  Two weeks in a row of over 20 hours is tough.  But it'll be nice to see the paycheck, along with our tax refund, and Jon's backpay all next month.

Jon is worried about much more expensive this style of eating is going to be.  I'm hoping that he'll see it's not that different, we're just spending our money differently.  And of course I'm hoping to put together a nice, large garden this summer that will offset some of the costs, for at least part of the year.  It's going to be tough to get him completely on board.  I'm just hoping that the benefits he feels after he gives it a try will convince him.

No comments:

Post a Comment