Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Great Day

So my weekend issues definitely appear to have been cycle related.  I felt SO much better yesterday!  Had energy, wasn't hungry except as meal times approached, and only had occasional headaches.  Had yummy food throughout the day too.  I also did some research about whether I should focus on cutting my carbs that remain after eating wheat.  It seems that might be the key to weight loss.  However, that can result in ketosis and ketones can pass through breastmilk.  So until June and James is weaned, I'm going to stop at simply giving up wheat.

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with ham, green pepper, mushroom and cheese

Snack 1 (kiddos) - string cheese and cantaloupe

Lunch - Nachos with corn tortillas, refried beans, avocado, salsa, black olives, and cheese.  Sour cream on the side.  Kids also enjoyed blueberries and James had some extra olives.

Snack 2 - 1 piece chocolate (kids) and almonds

Dinner - Brocolli cheese soup  I did use 2 cups shredded cheddar and 1 cup monterey jack that I shredded myself.  I think I might add in more cheese in the future.

Both kids gobbled up breakfast, both snacks, and dinner.  I was surprised to see that they weren't too interested in the nachos, beyond the chips and sour cream.  This means I might just have to find a guacamole recipe for them to use up the other avocados.  For them, if you can dip it, they will eat it seems to be the case.  The soup was pretty good and both kids ate 2 bowls each.  They also had applesauce for "dessert".  My silly 3 year old in action again requesting applesauce as dessert.  Hard to turn down that kind of request though!

Trying another new recipe tonight, stay tuned for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment