Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Feeling Better

I honestly am starting to feel better.  No headache this morning, and James slept much better last night.  He was up around 1, nursed, and put himself back to sleep after rocking for 2 minutes.  I think he had a bad dream because he wrapped his arms around my neck and wanted to rock upright.  What an improvement though!  Something really cool is that I'm no longer starving when I wake up in the morning.

I got caught up with work yesterday, so didn't have a chance to post about lunch, snack, or dinner.  So I'll combine them all here this morning.

Lunch:
Tuna salad - tuna, mayo, celery
Cheese
Carrots
Apple
Almonds

I hadn't planned to have the almonds with lunch, but Carolyn insisted.  She didn't seem interested in eating much else.  Glad she likes them, but they're expensive so we need to ration until I find a cheaper source!  We'll find out today if she truly didn't like the tuna salad or just wanted the almonds.

Snack:
Green pepper slices
Almonds
1 piece of chocolate

The kids had their snack while I was tutoring.  Carolyn was super hungry because she didn't eat much for lunch.  I told her that she needed to eat more for lunch in the future because she doesn't get to spend all afternoon eating.

Dinner:
Chicken
Tomato Paste 6oz
Tomato Sauce 14.5oz
Garlic - 3 cloves minced
3 T water
2 t oregano
1 t sugar
Mozarella cheese
Frozen green beans

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.  Combine other ingredients except cheese in a bowl and then dump over chicken.  Cook on low 4-6 hours.  Too much longer and this will burn.  Remove chicken and stir in cheese until melted.  Serve with veggie side.

Both kids were a huge fan of this as usual.  Carolyn was asking for her noodles, since we haven't had any in quite a while.  I will need to find alternative ones to keep everyone happy.  I also need to find a cheap source of almonds and a way to grind them in order to make some baked goods.  The trickiest part of this whole change is going to be staying in budget each month, at least until we get settled into the new routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment